Friday, May 2, 2014

What a week!

Hi there!

Things have been a little crazyville for me!  I thought I should write down the highlights of late so we can all have a good laugh.

  • One afternoon I heard the dog start barking like crazy in our backyard.  He really never barks unless someone is approaching the property, so I went out to check things out.  He had his nose in a bush and is darting in and out, growling and snapping and basically freaking out.  At first I thought it was a wild desert bunny (we do have those often around here) so I start poking at the bush a little with a pole.  Nooooo, definitely not a bunny.  It was a SNAKE.  For the love!!!  Need I remind you I have dealt with this before.  It darted under our trash cans, and I ran back in the house, put some boots on, and grabbed our shovel from the garage.  I knew I had no choice but to kill it.  Didn't WANT to, but I knew I couldn't let it harm my dog, or the neighbors' dogs, or kids outside playing, etc.  I was not going to simply chase it away, and NO WAY was I going to try to catch it to release somewhere else.  Uggggghhhhhhh.  My 13 yr old tipped back the garbage can and I froze in fear and guilt.  It was SO hard, but I finally whacked.  Several times.  I'll spare the details of its death but it was not as easy as I thought!  My heart pounded and I shook for a good 2 hours! YUCK.
  • I cut all my hair off again!  

  • I started a job!  (Well, some "independent contract work.")  I'm working for a very sweet lady who has invented an essential oil diffuser necklace, and I'm assembling necklaces at a ferocious rate.  I'm also doing any other odd jobs around her home office to keep the business organized and productive.  Right now that equals TAXES!  I'm having a great time with something to fill up my days!  This has been quite busy for me, and I'm having to adjust how to juggle everything else in my life, but it's a huge blessing nonetheless.  Why a blessing?...
  • Because I'm going to HAWAII !!!!  What?  How?  I still can't believe it.  I've never been there before!  We are joining my sister and her husband on the mother of all double dates to Hawaii!  This new job has been the perfect way for me to save up some spending money as well as lessen the blow of the whole trip.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Ugh, that snake. You're so brave! I don't think I could have done that. Was it a rattle snake??

So exciting that you get to go to Hawaii. Yay!!