Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hawaii, Baby!

This is only a small sampling of about a BILLION pictures from our trip!  Everything was so beautiful, I got a bit snap-happy.

Day 1:  Dinner and straight to the beach! 


Day 2 we toured Pearl Harbor and the memorial there.

The boys stayed there to see more military stuff and museums, and Kim and I went SHOPPING!!!

This swap meet was about the coolest thing ever.  I'm not kidding.  We bought so much stuff we could barely carry it all, and it was dirt cheap.


While shopping I bought a $5 cup of fresh fruit.  It was INSANE!  The mango in there melted in your mouth like cotton candy.


I have a tradition of taking tree pictures looking up into the sky, and I thought this one turned out really cool.


The hibiscus flowers were everywhere!


Some beautiful grounds all around our hotel...



I think I saw a full rainbow everyday.  At home we think these are kinda special, 
but in Hawaii it must be no big deal.


Cell phone picture... kinda yellow... but lush landscaping! 


Our first hotel of the trip.


On this day we drove to Laie and saw the temple, BYU-Hawaii, and the Polynesian Cultural Center.


This guy (Kap) at the PCC was so talented and entertaining!  


We didn't realize how much fun that place would be!

Here is Jason with some bananas... they were growing all over.


Here are our "warrior faces" for New Zealand.
(The meaner and nastier you look, the cooler you are.)


Finished with the tour, now off to our prime rib buffet and after-dinner show!  



The next day we flew to Maui and {THIS} was our 2nd hotel... the view from my balcony.
A real picture from my camera, not the brochure or website.  Wowie!!!
It was seriously that pretty every single minute, 
but especially cool to watch a perfect sunset from our room each night.



I still have dreams about this drink.


On this day, we took a trip to go snorkel/scuba -- called SNUBA!


Do I look nervous?


...That's because I was terrified.  But I did it!
Notice how clear the water is?




The next morning's breakfast.  
Our table was RIGHT over the waves crashing onto some rocks.  Eeek!


On this day we drove a short bit of the "Road to Hana"
and stopped to explore this rocky shore.


Here's me and a gigantic sea turtle!
You can't tell, but it was as big as my husband.



Another stop at a little waterfall.


Swimming on the last night at the hotel.


Last day:  we had some hours to kill before our flight, so we walked around Lahaina.
This was the popular "Banyan Tree."



The whole thing is JUST ONE TREE.


All of this - ONE tree!



BIG thanks to my husband (and also my sister and her husband) for inviting us along
on the BEST TRIP EVER!


3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Hawaii is so much fun! That guy Kap was there when John and I went, like, 6 years ago. He must love what he does. Is that a Lava Flow you were drinking? Lava Flows are my all time favorite drink to get in Hawaii! MMmmm. So so fun. Brings back memories. You are so dang cute with your darling haircut! I want to cut my hair short but I don't have the guts... yet. Thx for sharing all your fun pictures!

Kate said...

Oh yes! And the road to Hana. Did it make you want to puke your guts out? I never made it to the end because I was so car sick! Lol!! And I never get car sick!

mad white woman said...

So so cool! Someday I hope to see all of this. I especially love that tree - so awesome!