Monday, January 31, 2011

Great-Grandma's Quilt


This month I've been working on a new quilt. This one was commissioned (my favorite way to sew!) by my mother-in-law and it was a gift for HER mother.

There was only a short amount of time to get it done, so we decided to ditch an earlier idea and keep the design very simple.


Different bands of fabrics going across,
and they are separated here and there
by different decorative trims



The back is flannel (yummy)
and it's quilted with stippling all over.


I hope great-grandma LOVES it!

6 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Who wouldn't love that? Beautiful Amy!!

Rachel Holloway said...

INCREDIBLE as always! LUCKY recipient! :)

Marie said...

I am sure she will!!! You have a talent there. Love it.

Melinda said...

SO pretty! I love all the pretty trim in there! Great job!

Lindsey said...

Turned out great! I think it totally looks like her, ya know? Great job!

mad white woman said...

That is AWESOME! I think stippling is the coolest thing ever. I love it.

I can't believe Tucker is 8. Yowzers! He has such dark skin in that baby picture. So cute.