Sorry if this is becoming the "look what I made" blog. Not my intention, really.
(I guess it's bound to come up because I like to make stuff!)
More importantly I like sharing the links with you because I know there's several friends out there that want the ideas for handmade gifts. DO NOT keep giving me all the credit people!!! I'm not that "creative" when all I do is find the instructions and follow them, hee hee.
Here's what I took to Lindsey's this past weekend:
My niece Bekah's birthday gift - a quilt for her new big girl bed. Lindsey actually designed this whole thing, chose all the fabrics, and mailed them to me. I was just the laborer (and that was my gift to Bekah... the labor.) $$ - FREE.



This was my first time doing straight-line quilting.
It sorta makes a "grid" pattern overall.
You'd think this would be easier (just straight lines!)
but it actually drove me a little insane.
I'm just SO glad that Lindsey doesn't hate me
for how flawed it is.
Lindsey's baby shower gifts - I made her 5 of my burpcloths, no pics, but they are the best barf-catchers in the universe. Just for fun, I also made 2 little boy hats! (Let me tell ya, in the world of headbands, flowers, ruffly baby leggings, and ribbon-laced booties right now, accessories for boys are seriously lacking.) Hats are the only way to go. Hopefully these are studly enough! Ironically modeled by my female cabbage patch doll...


Click here for the tutorial for this brown one's style


Click here for the tutorial on this gray one
(it's more like a beanie, but hard to tell since my picture was blurry! dang!)
Oh, and I forgot to mention... all of the baby gifts used material that I ALREADY had lying around, so collectively they were.... $$ FREE.
3 comments:
I can't tell you how much I love this quilt. Every time I go into Bekah's room, my eye is drawn to her bed and I just STARE at it!!
Can't wait to get those hats on Baby Boy's little head! One of the best things you've ever made, for sure!
Um, Cora would like to submit a formal request for some of these hats for her. Please and thank you.
Also, I love the way the straight-line quilting came out!
Don't apologize and don't stop posting your projects. I love seeing what you've made. Those hats are darling. And yes, you're homemade burpcloths are the best.
Post a Comment