Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Knit Dress -- Finished

Sooo.... there seemed to be some confusion with my first attempt at the purple knit dress.

When I showed the picture of the (also purple) shirt that was my inspiration, I did NOT cut and use the ACTUAL shirt. I just traced around it to make my pattern. The dress, top to bottom, was all me. Hence the reason that my first attempt at the neckline ended up all loosey goosey.

This weekend I cut off the entire top half of the dress, chucked it, and tried again. I think I figured out how to do the neckline now. It still doesn't look dazzling, but at least it was not screaming "homemade by an idiot."

I was actually brave enough to wear it to church today... and I have to say, it is dang comfy! If nothing else, I think I want to make myself another one JUST to use as pajamas. Serious.

I also added some decorative buttons in hopes to jazz it up a little. What do you think???





5 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

What do I think? I think you're amazing. That dress is adorable, fantastic, and awesome! I LOVE it.

Lindsey said...

Super cute! I think maybe you could make one for me since Holly showed me how awesome dresses and skirts are for a summer pregnancy. I'll buy the fabric!

Deb said...

Very cute. I need something comfy like that to attend church in.

Me and my boys said...

You go girl, I love it!!!

Sarah said...

Looks really cute and very comfy. I am amazed at your sewing abilities. :)