- The day starts off beautifully. Dark, rainy, chilly, snuggled up in blankets for hours!
- I make cookies.
- Burn one pan of cookies.
- Talk on the phone to BOTH of the boys' school teachers AND the school psychologist. (Are you feeling the slippery slope here?)
- Orchestrate homework, dinner, and bedtimes.
- Ahhh FINALLY sit down to work on the 8 toy swords that have been waiting to get finished. (Not to mention just hours earlier I received orders for 10 more...)
- I wore my yellow glove for doing dishes to try to help with my "grip" for stuffing the darn things. I have developed a huge angry blister covering the entire pad of my right thumb.
- Halfway through stuffing them the power goes out.
- Realize how grateful I am that I was through with the sewing machine portion of my work that night!
- Jason, no longer with any electricity to entertain him, gets right to work helping me with the last of it.
- I finish stuffing and hand-stitching them closed, all by candlelight.
- Jason boxes and addresses everything for me.
- Jason sleeps on the couch so I can take a bath and get ready for bed without keeping him up any longer.
- At 1:30am my aching body collapses into bed.
Is it Christmas yet???????????????
7 comments:
Did hand-stitching them by candle light remind you of the pioneers?! Yikes! But at least it's done and you're "taking a break" today. Of course, I know that "break" means getting back to the real life of dishes and laundry, but at least it's not sewing!
yowza.
Oh man Amy! One more week til finals are over and then I can come help you stuff if you still have orders to fill. Or maybe if you promise to make me some of your yummy homemade pizza then you could tempt me over for one night before then? (hint hint)
I love when the lights go out. I had just gotten home from the grocery store when they did. Glad it didn't stay out all night though. That's a lot of work to do on top of all the other regular Christmas chores. But your product is so popular! That's gotta count for something!
I can't believe how busy you are. . . will it die down soon! You need to be able to enjoy Christmas! But I loved the idea of the cookies snuggled up on a rainy day. . .
Kate likes when the lights go out? I hate it!! It gives me the creeps, I feel like I'm in a scary movie or something. Speaking of which remember the time we were talking about scary movies and driving around in the insane and creepy rain that one night? Ha Ha.
I love it when the lights go out too!! I think yours went out so your husband would help. ;)
Post a Comment