Saturday, October 31, 2009

BOO!


This year for Halloween, the big boys got to choose what they wanted for costumes. (This is the first time I have given them 100% freedom... what a meanie.) When it came down to a Mummy and a Vampire, I decided that the whole family would just follow suit and we'd all be "scary classics."


Here's Mitchell the Mummy. This was the only costume I had to "make" this year - horray! It took HOURS of hot gluing... we went through 10 hot glue sticks!!! When I was finally done, we found that we couldn't get the shirt off! I had to cut open a few strips in the back just to get it over his head... and it was STILL quite the feat.

But Mitchell was a trooper, and he really loved it.





Tucker was more excited about this little dribble of fake blood at the corner of his mouth than ANYTHING else!

And his hair wouldn't slick back, so we had to go for spikes.






How could you not love this little Skellie???



Here's all 3 at our ward Trunk or Treat.


The same night we also dashed off to my Grandpa's 90th birthday party!!!

Since Grandpa's birthday is the day before Halloween, they made it into a costume party. Everyone really got into it - the food, the decor, the games, and some awesome costumes! It was a TON of fun with all of the cousins and 2nd cousins.


Grandma and Grandpa, still cute as ever.

Our "Scary Family"

Frankenstein and his Bride

(Check out Jason's hands! Yes, that was my real hair - it was HUGE AND STIFF! And yes, it was a pain to comb out that night.)


Our hosts, a "Top Gun" couple -
Cousin Kristen and her hubby Ben.

Me and my sister, Kim. (I don't pose as good as her.)

My cousin Carrie - she even had good Michael Jackson moves!


Me and my Mom. Any resemblance?

Oh, so funny story. The dress I'm wearing is actually a BRIDESMAID dress from my Aunt's wedding. (Pea green was really hot in the 60's, so they tell me.) That very Aunt was in attendance at the family party that night -- awwwkward!

And I've gotta give a big THANK YOU to Alena for lending me the white shirt to wear underneath at the very last minute! (It was a turtleneck and she even let me cut the neck off!) I was much warmer thanks to you!!!




Trick or Treat Everybody!!!


9 comments:

Julie said...

Was your sister the girl from Napoleon? She totally looks like that! Your costumes were great--especially you and Jason!

Lindsey said...

Your whole family is so cute!! Those boys' costumes are incredible. Nice work AGAIN this year. Your hair though, wow!!!

mad white woman said...

Very spooky indeed. YOu guys look great, especially as a family. Fun!

Rachel Holloway said...

You guys seriously had AWESOME costumes! I tried to do the whole theme thing, but they all chose such different things. :(

Janet said...

I love the halloween costumes again! I can't believe the dress. How did you get your hands on it? You and your sister still look the same as in college!

Kate said...

LOVED the costumes. You did such a good job on them! Saw your boys trick or treating on Saturday. One of them was so excited about his candy. He goes, "Wow! I've got SOooo much candy! This is going to last me for YEARS!" lol!

JakenDebbie said...

Okay, your kids make scary very, very cute. I am soooo impressed with the mummy costume. Fabulous work!! And you and Jason look amazing!! Great, great costumes!

angie and tyler said...

you guys looked very cool

Cook Zoo said...

That is too funny about the dress! What did she have to say about that.

I loved your costumes. I didn't see your kids at the party but I saw the two of you and thought that was a great idea. You did an awesome job with your hair!