Monday, April 13, 2009

Re-birth

Easter is symbolic of new life: Jesus' resurrection. "Spring" blooming outside. Or, as retail America would have us believe, plastic eggs, chocolate and a ridiculous lot of stuffed animals.


This Easter weekend I had to make a tough decision. I'm chosing to start all over fresh and new. I am free, and it feels good.


This weekend just happened to coincide with "Lead Canyon," the annual men's camping trip where they pump a mountain-side full of lead for a week or so (hence the name.) Though our Daddy was out of town for several days ***soft wimpering*** we tried really hard to have a nice holiday weekend anyway. The boys and I had some fun adventures out of the house and they behaved very well for me. I rewarded them with a soft pretzel picnic at the mall! The next day the older 2 were picked up by Grandma for a sleepover at her house. Yay me!!! Cooper and I had a quiet night to ourselves, and I made HUGE progress on my current endeavor....

(this is all the sneak peak you get for now!)

The next day we got a visit from the OTHER Grandma who offered to bring a DVD over and watch with the kids. It was great to spend time together just us and Grandma, which doesn't seem to happen too often these days. We chatted late into the night where I worked on the above project a bunch more, too!

Grandma #2 went to church with us the next day as well, also fun for me. (Speaking of which, just 5 more weeks until Cooper goes to nursery - heaven help me, I can't wait!!!) And here are my Easter cutie-boys all decked out.

What a lucky Mom I am!

These socks are the best part, don'cha think???

We came home from church to greet our Daddy who had recently arrived! Horray! He usually returns smelling like a BBQ pit and hairy as Big Foot, but lucky for us he had grabbed a quick shower, shave, and started some laundry already. Mom joined us for a quick Sunday dinner. I fell asleep in his arms by 8pm. Ahhh....

7 comments:

Julie said...

Your boys look so, so, so handsome. I love how you do socks and ties for boys, while I focused on necklaces and hair bows. Oh the differences. . . Maybe someday I'll buy a cute little boy's tie.

Rushele said...

Love the matching ties and socks! So cute!!
And Cooper kinda looks like Jaxon in those pics.
Sounds like a fun and productive weekend, even with daddy being gone.
Glad he's home now, I know the feeling!!!

Lindsey said...

Those matching ties plus socks are so dang adorable!! :)

Jeri said...

I love the picture of the boys! I have such good looking grandsons. So glad to hear that Jason got home safe and all is well in Zion once again. Hugs!

mad white woman said...

Those socks are awesome for sure. The perfect touch for those handsome little men.

Cook Zoo said...

Your boys are so adorable! Love the socks, and the quilt! Can't wait to see it all finished.

JakenDebbie said...

LOVE the socks. :)