Thursday, April 16, 2009

FINISHED

Horray I've completed my third quilt! I'm getting better at this!!!

This one I made for the family reunion coming up this summer. It will be auctioned off (among family members) and all proceeds go to the reunion fund. The design I chose is pretty simplistic, but I really love the way it comes together and allows you to use totally fun fabrics without them "clashing" too much.



Top view



A little bit of a close up so you can see my wicked stippling :)




The back side. Nice and plain with a strip of samplings from the prints on the front.


Cute huh???


YOWZERS do my arms and hands ever hurt today...

9 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

Adorable! Love the back too! You did a great job. :)

Sara Hollobaugh said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Do you have a quilting machine then?? The back is unique/different, LOVE it!

JakenDebbie said...

So very impressed!! Did you really do that stippling on your regular machine like you were telling me before? If so, I really need to learn how to do that! Great, great job!

mad white woman said...

Wow. Your skills sure are impressive. I love what you chose to do for the back. It's the perfect finishing touch.

Julie said...

I can't believe you stipple it yourself! I've done a few quilts but not the stippling. I guess I'm not a "real" quilter. Oh, I wish I had more time for that! I haven't done it in years. I admire the way you've made time for something you love.

zippy said...

Awesome! I'm sure that quilt will go for some BIG bucks at the family auction-yay! Someday, someday...I too will quilt and when I get to it I will be calling you for some lessons. : )

Oh, btw: my "new" color isn't too different...still pretty much the same brown, just with some auburn undertones. : ) Once I get a good picture I'll post one.

Pat's pithy page said...

Nice job Amy, very creative on the back also. It's cool that you will be auctioning it to family since they will always be able to say that "Aunt Amy made this". Did you do all the quilting by hand? How many HOURS did that take?

You are totally inspiring me to do something like this sometime.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey--I don't know if this is supposed to be a secret or not, but I am your swap partner! And so as soon as I found out, I had to rush over here to your cute blog and be shocked and amazed at how fun and crafty you are! I read through a few pages of your blog and just KNOW you are someone I would definitely choose to be friends with! :)

YOu have a beautiful family! And I can't wait to keep on reading and getting to know you while I get your little package together! :)

Rachel
www.brholloway(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Amanda Jean said...

it's AMAZING! i can't believe that you've already done triangles on your 3rd quilt. you did a fantastic job!!! i LOVE the back, too!