Friday, January 23, 2009

Toot Toot! (That's my own horn.)

TA - DA !!!



I'm really sorry for a bragging-type post. I usually hate those. But I'm just so excited about my little quilt. I love the way it turned out despite the fact that I did it on my own with a runaway sewing machine (that's another story.)

I mostly made this to experiment with some techniques that I was reading about. So hopefully I will improve on this with time. It's pretty small - baby size. It's also girly because I used scraps from another project. And you know that the words "baby" and "girl" have no place in this house (**groan**) So I guess I will eventually need to find it a home.... sniff sniff.



The back is pink flannel, all soft and fuzzy. Here you can see the wavy-line quilting I did. This was MUCH harder than it looks!!! I will need lots more practice here. Believe me, I made sure my picture only shows the portion that turned out half-decent :)

So you can see the cute fabrics... and that little crooked pinwheel design is just fun.

So pretty!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

REALLY cute! I love that pinwheel design--is that from that quilting blog you love so much? It really turned out great and I hope your next quilt goes well too.

Amanda Jean said...

you did a great job on your first quilt!!! thanks so much for your kind email. :) i appreciate it so much! enjoy your quilting!!!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job! Woo hoo!! You made a quilt!!

Anonymous said...

As usual I am throroughly impressed with your crafty/sewing skills. This is the cutest quilt and I LOOOVE the crooked pinwheels too! I may have to bribe you to make one for my first kid (not that that will be anytime soon mind you!)

Rushele said...

That is a very cute quilt!! And you have plenty to be proud of for teaching yourself and going for it!! I have no desire most of the time to do things of this nature, so good for you!!

My World said...

That looks awesome!!! Well done!

Cook Zoo said...

GREAT job on your first quilt!! And that's not bragging at all. It's totally cute! :)

Julie said...

So so so cute!!!! I think our ward needs a quilt group and then maybe I'll get back into it. Only I'm not volunteering to be the leader. . . sorry. . . I nominate you!

Cherri said...

Wow! I am so impressed! Very beautiful and TOTALLY worth bragging about :)

mad white woman said...

Yours is a horn worth tooting. That quilt is absolutely darling. I love it. Someday I'll sew something that prett.

Frozen Cacti said...

I love the colors and patterns you put together. Nice job!

JakenDebbie said...

It's so pretty! I am very impressed. And did you do the quilting part of the very sewing machine you were telling me about? I didn't realize you could do that on a plain old sewing machine...I will be checking out that quilting blog you referred to.

Karen said...

Looks wonderful! I love quilting too. Love the quilt shop in our town that lets you rent their long arm quilter for $10.00 an hour. I am into doing quilts for the grandkids....fun:)