For Christmas last month, we gave our boys the gift of Flag Football. We signed them up for a league where their ages would allow them to both be on the same team, the price was as reasonable as it was gonna get, and of course Mommy was happy there was no tackling.
The jerseys came in pretty much one size for youth. They are ridiculous. As you can see in the picture above, almost the entire logo is tucked into their pants! But GOSH it's cute.
So far they've had 3 weeks of games.... and many, many chilly practices. At this time they have not won a game yet. In fact, they remain scoreless (although there was a touchdown last time but the ref took it away from us - ugh.) In our defense, we found out that in this league, teams stay together from year to year, so our team is where they grouped all the "new" kids who've never played before, and most are the very youngest. All of the other teams have had experience together from past years, and are thus older, too. How fair is THAT?? So we are pre-destined to do poorly. But you should see them trying!!! It's absolutely adorable, and quite fun, too! They are improving at a rapid pace, and I'm hoping that I can report a touchdown (or a WIN!?!?) before the season is over.

While this is an unfortunately BAD picture, I still had to include it because I captured one of Mitchell's shining moments. In the center, you see a boy carrying the ball (the ball is blue.) That kid is the quarterback, and Mitchell is right behind his legs pulling his flag. So he sacked the quarterback before he even had a chance to get rid of the ball! He actually did this twice in a row. Go defense!

Here is Tucker waiting patiently on the sidelines. Tuck is still rather "unproductive" on the field, poor guy. Although he REALLY IS improving so much!


5 comments:
That Cooper is SO cute! That is so neat for Mitchell and Tucker! I am so proud of them!
Thanks the kid post! I love it! :)
So sweet! Those pictures are great and it looks like the boys have a good time. :)
I didn't even know they had flag football leagues. Football is the one sport I'd really rather my sons (if I have any) avoid (and maybe wrestling too).
Way to go Mitchell!
Way to go football mom! I've decided that kids don't care about winning THAT much. . . I think the parents do more, right? They look great!
I love the baby brother cheer leader!!
I'm glad your boys are having fun learning something new! What a great experience!!
Post a Comment