Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye Bye 2008!

Too much to tell! Too much going on! Not enough pictures. Not enough blogging...



First, Mom update: She was released from the hospital Christmas Day (Yay! What a gift!) She is feeling very weak, but doing all right. My dad hovers over her like a hawk. She is following up with some specialists, most anticipated is the GI doctor (digestive issues) since there are still some scary symptoms there. I am nervous as to where this will lead, but hey, at least she's awake and home. We will be grateful for this for now and press on! We had our very-postponed family Christmas party on the 29th. Kim and I finished off the night with hours of the 2 of us chatting and pruning in the jacuzzi. Awesome.
She kept pulling these faces for my camera, so I warned her... suffer the consequences!
I WILL post them!
That night our parents gave all of their kids & spouses tickets to the Lion King!!! AHHH!!! We are very excited to have that fabulous night out all together next week.

Second, Christmas: Despite the trauma, our little family had a good Christmas. It was great to have Jason off work so much to allow me to go to the hospital a lot. After Mom was improving, I got to spend lots more time with my family and also the in-law's. Here we are on Christmas Eve all wearing the ridiculous fleece hats I made for everyone.

I think our most favorite tradition is one Jason got from a mission companion. We have done it every year since we had kids, even a newborn baby. We tape wrapping paper over the doorway and watch them BUST out of it in true homecoming-football-game-with-the-cheerleaders-holding-the-banner style to come and see the presents. It's SO FUN! (And it keeps away sneaky peekers in the middle of the night - double benefits.) It's pretty hard to get a perfect picture of the initial "bust out," but I think this year's was quite cute.

Overall it's been a wonderful season. I'm a little sad tomorrow will be a New Year and I have to put the decorations away. We've been able to see new movies, do a special service project, get together with friends we haven't seen in several years, and I've made a million yummy things in the kitchen. Everyday is filled with fun. Stay tuned for a later post about my newest adventures.

P.S. Guess who learned how to climb up on the couch?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey, the other kid and spouse want tickets to the Lion King! ;) I want to know how you make that baked french toast too... send me the recipe? :)

Julie said...

I love the wrapping paper picture this year because Mitchell is turning and helping his little brothers--so sweet. Way to sacrifice the first look at Christmas morning for your bros. Cute!

Cook Zoo said...

I'm so glad your mom's doing better! And you ARE going to post the recipe for the french toast right?? :)

Rushele said...

Ah, little Cooper. Such a big boy now.
Is he walking yet? Sophie will do it all over the place as long as she's holding a hand or some piece of furniture. Other than that, she's a weiny. Can't get her to let go and do it!!
I love the ridiculous fleece hats! They're cute! And I especially love the ugly Kim face after the jacuzzi! Fun times!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am glad your mom is home and doing a little better. I hope the drs all have good news!! Your family will be in our prayers!