Monday, September 15, 2008

Disneyland Day Three

When I woke up this day, I seemed to feel better. Better as in not feverish or nauseous. Needing to catch up on sleep though, I let the boys go ahead and took advantage of a quiet hotel room to myself. HA. That lasted about 5 minutes until they started doing construction on the other side of our room!!! I'm not kidding. Ironic, yes, that this would happen right on the day I was sick and desperately tired. I must have been pretty exhausted though, because after my seething phone call to the front desk did me no good, I slept all the way until noon. When I joined my family, they had enjoyed a few repeat rides, explored Tom Sawyer's island, and built their own light sabers!
We spent the rest of this day going to some of our favorite attractions for the second (or more) time. Thing were slower though since it was Friday and a bit more crowded. We REALLY had to coax the kids to ride Splash Mountain again. It was one of my favorites, and I really wanted to do it again. After a little bit of bribing and reasoning, off we went. For some reason there seemed to be an extraordinary amount of "splash" on the mountain this time, and we got more wet than ever! They LOVED it. The picture that was taken right as we begin the 50-foot drop was pretty hilarious. Of course I was not going to buy it, so I just took a picture of the screen! You can click on it to see it bigger. Jason and I are acting crazy, but both the boys are just hiding their eyes from the horror of it.

Then afterwards, don't know if you can tell, here's how wet we were.

Sorry I don't really have any other earth-shattering photos from this day. By the early evening, our feet were feeling like - as Jason put it - bloody stumps, and we were done. So we took dinner back to our room and hung out there.

4 comments:

Annalise said...

You are making me sooo excited for our own trip! My boys were loving your pictures. They can't wait! But...what a bummer to be sick. That is just plain rotten!! Hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

I never got to do Splash Mountain because it was under contruction when we went. You look soaked though. Was it cold? Sounds like tons of fun!

Cook Zoo said...

LOVE the pic of you guys right before the drop!

Rushele said...

I like the "bloody stumps" analogy!
It does get a bit tiring on the body though to be walking around so much for that long!
Glad you got some rest in spite of the construction though!!!