OK I know this is dull. But here are my MASSIVE squash and zucchini plants (still no sign of a vegetable there) and my cute tomatoes. They are almost the size of ping-pong balls, with many other smaller ones growing too! I had a small setback recently... the plants all began to shrivel up, then holes in the leaves began to appear everywhere. I went and bought some insecticide and things seemed to perk right back up. I guess it was a bug invasion! Ick.

Thanks for humoring the garden update. In other news.... well there is none. Hence the title of my post. I've just been keeping up with the daily grind. Jason and I did get to have a somewhat-date this weekend. My dad took the big boys for a "sleepover" at his house Friday night. With just the baby, it felt like huge freedom. We decided to go to dinner at Cheesecake Factory (moaning with yummmm) and rented some movies on the way home. It was most enjoyable. It reminded us both how badly we need to remember to have date nights. Saturday morning Jason took off with the boys to meet his favorite comic book writers who were signing autographs at some store that day. It was a chance-of-a-lifetime and they were his literal heroes growing up. They passed out free comic books and the kids got to meet Spiderman while they waited in line. Then.... lots of time passed..... they made all the people wait outside in line and it got very hot. The poor kids were starting to not feel well so Jason turned on the A/C in the van and let them play in there while he waited next to them in the line. More time passed.... it was 2pm and no one had lunch yet, Jason was starting to feel sick too. He finally decided to leave. It was heartbreaking for him, but he just couldn't wait any longer. I feel so bad that he didn't get to meet them! It was an awful day for him. He came home and went straight to bed. I think he had a touch of heat stroke. He didn't even join us for the ward party that night. All is well now, but it was still such a disappointment for my hunny. Goes to show ya how all men are still little boys at heart!
Meanwhile back at home, I spent what seemed like my whole Saturday in the role of dog groomer. I love the fact that my dog does not shed, but with this breed comes some maintenance. Since I am too cheap to pay the real pet groomers, I have attempted to keep it up myself. It is HARD. I can totally see why those people charge so much. It takes hours, and I am not exaggerating, hours to shampoo, blowdry, comb him all out, and then shave it all off. Not to mention the gigantic mess of dog hair everywhere.... bleh. So to applaud my huge sacrifice and accomplishment (and in keeping with the super-boring theme of this post) here are the before and after pictures of my pooch, Reese.


He has EYES again!!!
5 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed with your grooming skills. Add that to your resume.
Date nights are becoming more and more essential for us (since that is the only time we really get to talk anymore). Glad you had time to be somewhat alone! It's amazing how easy one kid feels when the rest aren't around!
P.S. I'm also impressed with your garden, and a little envious. I don't get to have a garden this year (boo hoo).
Okay, now I need dog grooming tips. Do you do it with clippers? I tried to groom my dog, but she looked ridiculous. Wow, I am so glad that I have such a talented friend (who is hopefully willing to help me out with this too);)
Wow!! You did an amazing job on the dog! You should think of starting up your own grooming business!
And your poor boys and their comic disappointment!! How sad!
That spiderman was better than the one at disney world
Post a Comment