Finish these sentences.
I AM... a mother of all boys. I have accepted it, and embraced it. I boldly face my future of camping and cub scouts, stinky sneakers and superheroes. I will get my "girly time" elsewhere, and that will be just fine.
I AM NOT... athletic. No matter how hard I try, it ain't gonna happen. I'm a fabulous spectator or casual participant, but you don't want me around when the serious competition begins.
I CAN... cook. This one took me a loooooong time to warm up to (no laughing those who knew me in the early days) but now I'd like to think I'm pretty darn good and can hold my own.
I CANNOT... stand it when people park themselves right in the middle of a shopping isle or parking lot row and no one can get by. If you're going to stop to look at something, move to the side. If you're walking to your car, walk down the side so I don't have to drive behind you the whole way at .0004 miles an hour. (FYI - this comment was prompted by my trip to Costco yesterday: mecca to all slow, old people who I am constantly dodging like a game of pinball.)
I WILL... always let my kids ride those silly cars or horses that move back and forth in front of the grocery store, as long as they've behaved well and I've got 50 cents on me. I was always bummed when my mom told me "no" for those rides. Now that I'm the mom, I'm like, "What's 50 cents?" It'll make their day.
I WILL NOT... wear flip flops to church. Nor will my boys wear velcro sandals or shorts to church. Even if they're young, they still have to wear dress clothes.
This was much harder than it seemed to fill out completely! Now I'm curious as to what all of you will say.... have fun with it. So everybody - TAG, your turn!
3 comments:
That is a good one! I'll have to take some time later on and do that.
And I totally and completely agree about the parking lot rows and especially the store aisles!!! So annoying!
Well written! I like that one -- I'll have to put some thought behind that! I particularly agree with the dress clothes at church... my boys are in white shirts, ties and often suits from 2 or 3 years old and they certainly stand apart in the primary crowd! ;) However, speaking of Costco -- just 3 days ago, I was the extremely large pregnant woman stopped dead in the middle of the parking row blocking traffic for a good 2 minutes while having a massive contraction -- even had 2 people come up and ask me if they needed to call paramedics! So have patience if you're driving at 0.0004 (or zero) mph behind a pregnant lady, as she might be suffering! ;) hehehe
I am so glad to read you post today because I HOPE it changes my life. I ALWAYS say no to the little horses and you are right "what is 50 cents?" I also have my boys dress up for church. I have to admit that Jackson does have a few shorts outfits, but they are the "dress up" ones and are only worn to church.
Post a Comment