Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Feast

10 days after we moved into the new house it was... Thanksgiving!  It was really exciting to be able to host a big group, even if we just pushed some boxes into the corners.  The place wasn't perfect, but it didn't matter.
Jason took the boys to the park NEXT DOOR for some football, so I had some nice quiet time to get all set up...



  
This was the kids' table.  I covered it in brown paper and left them some crayons to color.  


Here you can get a nice view of my dining room.  
It's wonderful that it's got enough room for 2 tables (almost)
 but those huge empty walls still need some work!


Here was our delicious spread!  -- after we massacred it -- 
This might have been the yummiest Thanksgiving dinner I can remember!!!
I was in charge of mostly the turkey, which isn't really a lot of "work," but rather a lot of "worrying."  
Only my second turkey ever.  I'm glad to say both times were success! 


2 more crockpots of good stuff!


The happy family


The littlest dude


The kids


Oh yes, and I was there too.
Why are my selfie angles always so flattering?


And last but not least, we had 5 pie choices!
We were just a little bit spoiled.

No comments: