Friday, June 8, 2012

"Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand

If you have not read this book, and I'm serious, get your hands on a copy NOW!  I have never been so impressed with a work on non-fiction in all my life.

I about had a heart attack while watching Jay Leno last night when he announced that the next guest was 95 year-old Louis Zamperini, the very man whose life story is the premise of this book!  It was amazing to hear him tell the events again in his own words, although it was a very summarized version.  I couldn't help but share the segment here so you can see for yourself... it's in 2 parts.

*Spoiler Alert*  This interview WILL give away the main story line of the book, so you might not want to watch these videos if you'd rather be kept in suspense.  But in the same breath, you REALLY want to hear this story, it is beyond incredible.  So you decide!






2 comments:

Annalise said...

Ooh, thank you for posting those links! That is by far and away one of the best books I have ever read, and it was so fun to see him! Have you been to Laura Hillenbrand's website for the book? She has other great links there also.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

That is the best book I've ever read. I read it last summer and I still find myself thinking about it A LOT. Simply amazing life.