Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ready? Set? GO!

Things are just about back to "normal" around here now.  All the parties and vacation days are over.  I actually have to wake up to an alarm clock, fix dinner, and be responsible and all that.

Boooo!

I was horrible about taking pictures at all of our 18,052 family parties this year.  (What is wrong with me???)  But the good news is, we remained healthy, we worried a little less about ourselves, and we made some wonderful memories together!


My boys and their new fuzzy bathrobes - they are a bit addicted to their robes.
This year they got new red ones to replace the old, ratty ones from 2 Christmases ago.
SO CUTE.


Today marks two weeks until my surgery.  TWO WEEKS!?  Oh man is it creeping up fast.

To prepare, so far I have:
  • Packed my freezer with food
  • Done a lot of clean-up and organization around the house
  • Purchased special items for the hospital and also at home (a shower head with detachable sprayer - yipee!)
  • Made arrangements for time off with husband and moms
  • Written down lots of schedules and lists
  • Had blood work, an EKG, and a chest x-ray to get cleared for surgery
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Being an inch taller?
  • Planning some kind of major vacation for when I'm healed.  I'm SO out of here.  (Hahaha, as if I can afford anything after the medical bills!)
  • Going on walks and bike rides
Things I am NOT looking forward to:
  • ways this will affect my kids
  • heavy-duty pain medication, not to mention the PAIN
  • letting everyone I know take over my life for me
  • being stuck in the house feeling lousy, lonely, bored, stir-crazy...
Just warning you now -- I might start blogging a whole lot, just to vent.  Or not, we'll see how I feel.  I took those last pictures of my back so that I can have a before/after.  Is anyone afraid to see my scar?  (Were you offended already by the last ones?)  But spending much of the day lying down in bed means I will turn to my computer for entertainment.  So PLEASE OH PLEASE "stop by" and chat with me!  I will need you, friends.  More than you know!


4 comments:

Melinda said...

GOOD LUCK on your surgery! I'm so excited (and anxious) for you! Since I can't be there to help that way, count on me to sometimes be on here...I'm addicted to the computer anyway; might as well put it to good use chatting with you! Love the new robes for the boys!

mad white woman said...

Cooper's smile in that picture is incredibly darling. :)

I've been wondering how close it's getting to surgery time... I'll give you a call sometime before or right after to see how I can help.

Pat's pithy page said...

Cute boys...they love each other and that's so special!!! Good luck on surgery day! You will do great! I am coming down to visit on Jan 19-23 so I will be there for a little bit of your recovery. You can order anything you want and I will take grandma and go get it for you!! How's that for a deal?

Janet said...

I plan to email you first on January 23rd since it sounds like you may be home from the hospital then. Once I get the okay from you I'll be calling and emailing. I will be praying for you and know this surgery will go well. It is so amazing that they can do this! The video was incredible, Steve and I watched it twice together.