Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Donuts for Japan


Mitchell
10 years old

has always had a sensitive heart.

When he saw me watching the news about the tragedy in Japan,
he immediately asked if he could raise money to send to them.

I knew that although I had about 475 other things going on right then
and I knew that I would end up doing most of the work
but as a mother...
how can I possibly tell him no?

After a brief discussion and some internet searching,
we decided that he could sell Krispy Kreme certificates.
It seemed to fit what we needed.

In just a week's time,
Mitchell sold 41 certificates
and he now has $143.50
to donate to the relief fund for Japan.

And HE did most of the work.

9 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What an INCREDIBLY sweet little boy. You must be SO proud!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Way to go Mitchell!! What a tender heart!

Wowza - lots of blogging. Busy month you've had!

Leslie said...

Very awesome and very proud of him. Hope our 12 from Utah up here helped out!

mad white woman said...

What a good kid. I need to read things like this more regularly so I stop being so selfish.

Congrats to Tucker. I'm glad he promised not to do a cannonball. Ha ha.

Lindsey said...

I mentioned this to someone today and almost started crying thinking about what a good boy he is! I love that Mitchell-Man! :')

Melinda said...

That is so impressive! He looks so important and concerned - so tender!

Just read through a handful of posts and am excited to see the baptism and all the family time!

Rachel said...

What a sweet boy!

Pat's pithy page said...

Mitchell, you are just a gem of a kid...always have been. And this display of your generous nature doesn't surprise me one bit! you rock kiddo! Very proud of you and your selfless efforts to help others. Aunt Trish

Jeri said...

Mitch - what a great thing to think of and to actually follow through and do. I often have thoughts about doing some things but never get them done. You impress me and set an example for me. Love you!