Monday, September 6, 2010

Doing the Math

My head has NOT been screwed on straight lately. Or something.

A couple of nights ago I had to make a late-night run to the grocery store for a few essentials and some "cash back." I owed Kate some money that was due THAT day (and it was already late at night.) So I ran to the store, bought milk and hot dogs needed for the family BBQ the next day, then ran to Kate's house to drop off the cash. I stuck it under her doormat and had the great idea to jot off an email letting her know it was there.

Of course I got home and never wrote such an email.

The next day my mom and I did a little shopping and spent WAAAY too long in the thrill of the hunt. I found a cute little dress that was on clearance for $20 that I decided I could not live without. Up at the checkout, my dress rang up as $4.99..... WHAT!? Yahoo it's my lucky day! $15 less than I was planning on spending! So I said goodbye to Mom and took my spoils to my car, opened the back door to stow them away, and there sat my 3 gallons of milk and hot dogs from the night before.

DOH!

Knowing that the family BBQ was now only an hour away, I had to stop by another grocery store and re-purchase 3 more gallons of milk and some hot dogs. Can you guess what the total came to?

$15.01.

Karma.


7 comments:

mad white woman said...

I dropped my money off at Kate's at 9pm. Ha ha.

Sorry about the spoiled food. Somehow, our family is cursed when we buy heavy whipping cream. THere were like two or three times in a row that the heavy whipping cream never made it into the fridge. I'm trying to laugh when I do things like that instead of get angry that I wasted money, but that's really hard for me. :)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

That's kinda funny!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! That's a great story! I think a dress for 4.99 is the best part.

Julie said...

Been there too! But at least you have a $5 dress out of it!

Rachel Holloway said...

oh my gosh! That is the funniest story EVER! Cool that you got a rockin' deal on a dress though!

Leslie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!