
Today my baby is no more. I told myself I can't call him a baby anymore after he turned 2.
Today is Cooper's Dirt-day. (That's what he calls it.) If you say "How old are you?" he will shove out his whole hand and say "Doo!"
Oh I'm sad.
Cooper is extra special to me. It took me many years to be ready for him. I KNEW he was up there, waiting for us, I just knew it. But it took me quite a while before I was ready. He was a lot of work to bring to our family, as my pregnancies always are. My dose of insulin actually quintupled over those 9 months! It was HARD, scary, and full of discouragement. Then I was convinced that he was going to be a "she." (But he showed me who was boss!) Thank goodness I do not always get my way, because I wouldn't trade him back for anything in the world.
I don't know if it's the fact that he's my last, he's had these health problems, or that I get him all to myself during the day for the past 2 school years, but I feel extra attached to my Cooper. He is scrumptious! I love him more than I can even understand.
We had a small party with one side of the extended family Sunday night (the other side will be on Thanksgiving!) Cooper was so thrilled with his gifts, and he quickly caught on to the whole "birthday" thing.

I made him a special allergy-free cake, frosting, and ice cream and he CHOWED DOWN! Woo-ee they were expensive, but didn't taste bad at all. Everyone was a good sport to eat the special cake, but we went ahead and bought the good ice cream for the rest of us :)


It's a good thing that his birthday will always be around Thanksgiving, because I'm easily reminded what I have to be grateful for!!!
11 comments:
He is a CUTE little munchkin!! Happy birthday Coop!
It was yesterday, right? I really thought it was the 23rd...!
Anyway, he looks incredibly handsome and grown-up in that sweater. Nice job!
He's adorable!!! Happy Birthday to Coop!
Our babies truly are growing up too fast.
Wow. Two already. He is so handsome. Happy Birthday little guy!
Amy he is wonderful and SO sweet! We need to get Cora & Coop together:)
I can't believe he's already two. I remember when you were pregnant with him and how hard that was.
He does look so handsome in his brown and blue sweater.
P.S. Smith just finally lost that same tooth as Tucker yesterday. It was his first tooth too.
He is so cute. Glad you got such a sweet little guy after all the work you went through to get him here.
Happy Birthday Cooper! What a cutie. He came to a great family....
He is such a cute little boy. And his little voice just makes him cuter.
HE IS NOT TWO! Are you sure? How can that be? Where did the time go?
Happy Birthday Cooper (a little late)!
So fun reading all your posts. You've been a busy girl! And Happy Belated Dirt-day buddy!! :)
Post a Comment