Friday, April 24, 2009

Remembering...

Beautiful springtime in New York City, 2005



How pretty is that tree????
This was taken about 2 minutes before the whole place was mobbed by knock-off purse street vendors -- YEE HAW!


Holy Cow this is high up. Your ears go crazy popping in the elevator. But it's so worth it!



Me and my friend Mel in Central Park




It's a black and white cookie! -- obscure reference for you Seinfeld fans.
(I LOVE the double-meaning in this picture)


This one is a fun story. Mel actually STOLE this off the streets of New Jersey and through a series of small miracles, has it here in AZ today. I'll never forget her running out into the dark street and trying to shove it in the trunk of a packed little Camry. "It's HUUUUGE!" We laughed for hours.




A Freezing Fall of 2006



Riding our double-decker tour bus


Rockefeller Center - ice rink behind us

Me and my sister Kim - windy on top of the ESB!


Great friends - a little soggy in Central Park

All of us - going to Broadway in our limo!

5 more days - here I come!

5 comments:

Rushele said...

Ah, New York!! I'm very jealous that ya'll get to go, and I know, I know, I could've been going, but money was definitely an issue.
Hope you girls have fun!!! I'll be thinking of you here, in the 90+ degree weather!

Leslie said...

I ditto Rushele... if only it weren't for the astronomical cost involved (oh, and that pesky flight I dread so much!), I would have loved to come!! :) Instead I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm penny pinching at my $9.99 Vegas buffet and splurging on my coconut creme body scrub and aromatherapy massage at the spa in Vegas! ;)

zippy said...

Ah, the flood of GOOD memories! The STOP sign still conjures up a giggle everytime I think of that adventure. : ) I am SO bummed I'm not going this time around, but knowing that I'm staying behind to care for Baby A makes it worth it. Have a fabulous time my friend!

mad white woman said...

That looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to see your update of round 2!

Melinda said...

Ohhh! Take me with you!! ;) Seriously, have tons of fun (again). You deserve this vacation!