Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Little Girl Time



So my 10 surrogate daughters came over this week...


otherwise known as Activity Day.


This time our plan was a service project. I taught them how to make the quickest bread recipe I know - we only have an hour! - then we gave the finished product to the ward to use for Sacrament Meeting. (Did ya'll notice the bread this last Sunday was a little different? A little yummy?)

They had a wild time. After a small demo, they took over the rest. Imagine: flour - everywhere! On their cheeks, in their hair, oh yah. You know, it really takes 20 hands to make 2 loaves of bread. And my kitchen is SUPER-huge. Of course it is.


Some of the group, hard at work


It was pretty hard for me to sit back and let them do it without being too OCD. My middle name is OCD on many occasions. It's just in my blood. (Actually, it really is!) In the end, they did quite well. The dough turned out fabulous, but the rolling of the loaves was a little wonky. I bit my tongue. The end result? I think hilarious.



Looks a little more like squirming, oozing caterpillars, but who's gonna notice once it's all sliced up?

"Not I," said the pig.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey hey hey! My friend's bread recipe becomes even more famous! ;)

Julie said...

You are such a good activity day leader! Especially after four years!

Sassyfras said...

That's awesome. And I did notice the bread on Sunday. Carena turned to me and said, "this is really good!" Yes, we are the Sacrament bread food critics.

That's really a great idea for a service project.

Cook Zoo said...

I think they did great! :)

Rushele said...

What a fun idea for an activity! And I'm very proud of you for allowing that type of a mess, and confusion in your home! Good job!!

Daniel doings said...

How great is that. We have a sister in our ward whom makes the sacrament bread for our ward every other week, it is yummy!

mad white woman said...

Actually, I did notice. I think it turned out great.