Saturday, February 14, 2009

So I Married an Axe Murderer

I've had a pretty hard week.

OK, it was plain awful. I've had Cooper to 2 different doctors, to the lab for a chest x-ray, to a different lab for my own routine bloodwork, and the pharmacy about 4 times. A few other things happened too, which I will gloss over for the protection of the not-so-innocent. Without fail, every SINGLE one of these adventures was plagued with screw ups, hassles, delays, and suffering. Wooooe is me!

On the brighter side: 1) Cooper seems to be improving quite nicely. 2) I got to go to Book Club after crying my eyes out to a pharmacist. That was a nicely needed pick me up! 3) I got to do a jacuzzi soak in the chilly midnight air one night. Ahhhhhhh. 4) My MIL rescued me for Activity Days and watched the boys while a half dozen 10 yr olds and I made Oreo Truffles. I was mucho grateful, and it was mucho yummy fun! 5) My Dad called me up today and invited me -- with 15 minutes notice -- to go ride quads with him.



It's good that we focus on the brighter side, yes?



Now, on with the fun pictures!







This is me before I donned the incredibly face-smooshing helmet and goggles.




Amy and Dad - all smooshed




Great scenery! Cactus up close, and snow in the distance.


Yes, those little white specks way out there, that is "our" snow.


THEN... our Valentine's date tonight was a Murder Mystery dinner down at the church. This was awfully fun. I would disappoint half of my ward if I did not mention the extra visitor that distracted us for a while from the game (we all knew we would blog about it.) There were TWO BATS flying around the gym during our dinner. A few guys managed to catch the first one and release it outside, but another one showed up soon after. Eeeek. A little freaky and funny at the same time. They were brave little suckers and wanted to fly a little too close to my table! This was the only picture I could get, but you know you want to see it..... hehehehe.


Jason ended up being the evil killer from our table. So I made him pose at the scene of the crime.

He looks too cute to be guilty!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Sorry about your crazy week! And ummm. . . aren't you released????

Yeah for the bat picture! I was bummed I didn't have my camera. That was a fun, and filling, dinner. My husband was the murderer too! Yikes, something I never knew in all these years of marriage.

mad white woman said...

Your week sounds a little out of control. Hopefully next week lets you relax more.

Those bats were funny. As I was taking pictures (or trying) of the bat, Julie leans over to Ryan and said, "See, this is good blog behavior". Ha ha.

Rushele said...

What a fun Valentine's party to do for your ward!
I'm jealous!
Glad your week picked up for you and you did some fun things with loved ones.

My World said...

I'm shocked I haven't heard more about the bats on other blogs! It was a fun night.

Hope Coop keeps getting better.

Jen & Blake said...

Sorry to hear about your baby and crazy week. I hope everyone gets feeling better!
I had always heards about the bats and other crazy "things" that live in our century old building...but I have never seen them first hand! Proof now! Yuck!
Quading looks like fun! Smooshed faces and all:)