We started Halloween a little early at our house this year! We went to the Trunk or Treat over at Kim's ward, since we won't be able to go to our own. (How sad I am about that fact, words cannot BEGIN to describe.) So Kim didn't realize until a Monday that her event was that very weekend, and thus began my very frantic 6 days to finish 5 costumes! You see, I was also making pieces for her kids, but thought I had until the end of the month. Eeek! It came down to the wire, but I got them done. Look at those handsome little Musketeers.
Yah, getting them to stand there AND all look at the camera was just too hard.
Though they are sloppily made, I think my favorite part has to be the boots! They bring the whole look together!

Cooper's hat was homemade, all out of felt, complete with a felt feather to be completely baby-proof. Shockingly, he left it undisturbed on his head the WHOLE NIGHT!!!

Mitchell, hamming it up
And.... just for fun.... here are the costumes for their cousins, Dorothy and Robin Hood!





11 comments:
I have to admit that you do wonderful seemstress work!!!
And I too was surprised that Cooper didn't bother his hat! Very nice!!
Awesome! You're just awesome.
Amy, you are amazing! Not only is it that such a clever idea, but the results are darling.
Super cute Ames! Some of my favorites from all your work! ;-)
Seriously, those are great! I can't believe how you down-play your abilities!!! Now the whole world wide web knows!!!! And by the way. . . Mitchell can come to my rescue any day--he looked so heroic!
That is the cutest thing EVER!!! I have to admit I'm a little partial to baby Cooper in his costume, he looks so big!
Now I'm really glad I didn't have you help me with Adelaide's costume. You had your hands full. I've got dibs on you for next year though. Maybe you should start charging for these sewing lessons. (Except for me of course, because I'm the one who gave you the idea:)
Why are you going to be at the Trunk-or-Treat?
That was suppose to say why AREN'T you going to be at the T.O.T.
YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!
I am seriously in awe of how wonderful those costumes turned out. The tunics are great and the boots are wonderful. And you did it so quickly! I'm really envying your sewing abilities, even if you claim you're not good at it! ;-D
AMAZING.
Holy cow, I'm so impressed!!!! Those costumes rock! (What DON'T you know how to do?) ;)
HOLY COW Those are adorable costumes, you are very talented!See... if you'd had a girl instead of Cooper you wouldn't be able to do the three musketeers :) Very cute idea! We always settle for lame-o walmart costumes... because I've never sewn a day in my life... and wouldn't be good at it if I tried! I am so impressed!
you did an amazing job...but you already know that.
Post a Comment