
Attempt #1 - in blender. Bad idea. I used a blender last year and it wasn't a problem, not sure what's up with that. Basically, everything got pureed TOO much, so we had salsa smoothie instead of chunky salsa. Ew.
Attempt #2 - move everything to the food processer. Bingo. This batch was my favorite!
Attempt #3 - Less tomatoes and a little more fruit. This batch was much more sweet, but still had that salsa kick. This was Anna's favorite.

And here is the beautiful finished product! Salsa, anyone?

Peach-Mango Salsa (sorry it's approximations)
4-5 CUPS Roma tomatoes, cut into large chunks. I would say this filled the food processor about halfway.
2-3 peaches, remove skins and cut into chunks
1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks
1/3 of a medium sized yellow onion, cut into chunks
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I use just the leaves and very little stems)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne (red) pepper
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Pile everything into food processor and pulse just a few times until you reach desired consistency. May need to be stirred with a spoon once inbetween pulsing. Pour into airtight container and chill for a few hours before serving to let the flavors fully combine.
11 comments:
Oooh yummy!! That sounds good. So do you have to make the jars airtight the way you do when you're canning? How long will this last? (I'm still drooling over the recipe - sounds so good!)
This is NOT canning, so you'll want to use it relatively soon. I may try freezing some of mine, but it might thaw out a little runnier. Just an FYI.
you think you have enough salsa there? I am glad you have a large family to consume all this salsa-ee goodness. Yum.
Mmmm . . .drool
YUM! I am definitely going to have to try this! I've never been successful at the consistency of salsa though... :\
Woah! Great job. I am jealous! Enjoy it extra once, just for me.
Okay, I had something like that once when I was at the Schnepf Farms Peach Festival. I LOVED it. Thanks for all your hard work of trial and error. I hope to make it and benefit from your learning process. YUM!!!!!
My goal is to be showered the next time I appear on your blog. :) Thanks again, fun times and GOOD salsa. I'm pretty sure we might have just chips and salsa for dinner tomorrow night. Ha ha.
YUMMY!!!!
Kim said you were planning a Mon. salsa fest. I'm in!!
I think I may try using avocados instead of peaches though, just to see if it is like the salsa I told you about earlier that my friend made. I love avocados!!!!
Can't wait to come over!
Raegan told me on the way home from canning this morning that after you visited Kim you were coming to our house to visit. She really took a liking to you today!
Wanna hear something really sad? Here goes: Mangoes are my favorite fruit but I am allergic to them. How sad is that?? I eat them from time to time, though and the itchy rash on my face and in my throat is worth it.
Looks like you had fun and the salsa looks great too:)
Post a Comment