Monday, August 11, 2008

Why I was INCREDIBLY late to church yesterday


Ok so it was only part of the reason why I was late. But it's a good one. I was in my bedroom getting ready, Jason had come in to shower, so in a little bit I went out to check on the kids. Tucker was in the bathroom, but everything else seemed ok. Just a minute later, Tucker walked up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder, and spoke what will probably become a famous quote in our household forever on.


"I need you to help me. I've got Hubba Bubba in my eye."

I turn around to see THIS











Yes, my darling child was given GUM. This is not usually allowed in our house, but especially not UNSUPERVISED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The guilty parent will remain anonymous to protect his innocence, but let's just say it wasn't me.) Leave it to Mr. T. He decided he wanted to wear his gum as an eyebrow, and it stuck all through his eyebrow, fell down into his eye, thereby bonding with his eyeLASHES and other miscellaneous places all over that side of his face. He had sat in the bathroom, picked most of it off and sent it down the sink drain (ahhh!!!) before he came to me asking for help.


I'm sure the picture does not show enough. Maybe you can see the many eyelashes that were pulled out and stuck elsewhere down his cheek. Maybe you can see how he can barely open that eye. It was horrible. It was actually IN his eyeball, too. We resorted to the ol' mom-standby and got the jar of peanut butter to smear that all across his face too. He was a sticky slimey mess. But it worked! It took 2 peanut butter applications but I was able to get it all out, down to the roots of his poor beautiful lashes without losing too many more of them. Then some warm water and a washcloth cleaned him right up.


I think I can create an entire blog solely for Tucker stories.


This is how I found him when I woke up a few days ago. 7:30 AM in full costume.


17 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that kid -- he just cracks me up!! I never get enough of his stories! :-)

Cook Zoo said...

Oh my holy, when we're late to church we never have a reason THAT good! ;) I'm so glad you were able to get it out. Gee, I wonder who gave him the gum?

Frozen Cacti said...

We were really late for church yesterday too, but only because I felt like sleeping in. Ha!

I didn't know about the peanut butter. Thanks for the tip. We don't usually chew gum at our house either. (And I'm glad that my husband isn't the only one that does things like that! Shhhh.)

BuzyBeeT.Elise said...

a tucker blog would be hilarious. I love him. he is just soooo....5. He truly is a kid. and thats what is so amazing about him.

Deb said...

WOW! I am dying laughing right now. Only Tucker. How the heck did he get that gum so smashed into his eye? Did he tell you what he was he doing? Does he know gum goes in the mouth and not the eyeball? Oh so funny. kids do the darndest things.

mad white woman said...

Sorry you had to clean it off, but that is pretty hilarious. Okay, REALLY hilarious.

Julie said...

I was waiting for this picture! Again, I'm impressed that you thought to grab the camera. I love how that will be a famous family quote.

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness! What a funny guy! (sorry, but it was funny).

One time, when Madison was about two, I gave her a piece of gum on the way to my brother-in-law's house. When we got there, I noticed she wasn't chewing it anymore and asked her where it was. She didn't know, so I figured I'd be digging out of my upholstery or something. Later I noticed that her shorts were hitched up in her bum area and the more I tried to get her shorts out, the worse they got stuck. Under more investigation, it turned out that she had tried to "chew" her gum in a more inventive way. It was stuck in her bum and her shorts were stuck to it. YAY!

Kids are so funny... gotta love 'em!

Rushele said...

Tucker definitely keeps you busy, and entertained!!
I love that he calmly asks you for help because he has "hubba bubba in my eye". I would be flipping out!
His poor eyelashes. But, leave it to a boy to make a gum eyebrow....

Cherri said...

This post made me laugh out loud... Hard! Holy cow that is so so funny! My favorite is the eyelashes stuck to his cheek! So hilarious! Good job getting it off!

My World said...

All I have to say is YIKES!!! I'm glad he has any eyebrows and eyelashes left!!!

Annalise said...

LOVE it! Isn't gum a mother's best friend?! I've found gum in many places around my house, but never anything quite like that.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

That is too funny!! I know, pictures never quite show the extent of the damage. You are better than me, I probably would have just stayed home from church (hehehe)!

Karen said...

Ok...I laughed so hard at this! A hubba bubba? Incredible! I love little kid stories and I miss them SO much! Enjoy every minute of crazy antics you share with those boys through your life, 'cause "you're gonna miss this"!

Jodi said...

Amy - I gave you an award on my blog...come and get it! :0)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Oh my gosh. That's hilarious - I'm sorry but it's hilarious! My little brother did that when we were on a road trip. But I think we told him to stick the gum on his eye and he did. My dad was furious. Oh, I still remember that car ride to this day.

angie and tyler said...

this blog is going to be a great archive of tucker.