Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Memorial Day

Monday was jam-packed for us! We got up first thing and went shopping as a family... new pillows for everyone! This sounds so goofy, but we needed new pillows, pretty badly. Every single pillow in the house was getting flat, wadded up, puked on, peed on, sweat stains or what have you. (I know, gross.) So we had nothing left decent to use. I decided to trash them all and everyone got to pick out a new one. It must have been funny to watch this whole family standing there in the pillow isle hugging them, laying our heads on them and trying them out. The simple pleasures in life....

Anyway, after our shopping we headed to Jason's parents. We had a great lunch and some visiting. My neice Rebekah was being babysat that weekend while her mom had a spa trip with college girlfriends. Cooper and Rebekah are 10 weeks apart. It was hilarious to watch them play together a little. Here's how it went:

First let me pull his hair...

Now I'll go for the face!

Attack!!!

Next we packed up and headed to the other side of the family (and the other side of the city, for that matter) for a birthday party and BBQ. My sister's pool was JUST finished, so everyone was pretty excited to swim. It was really really really cold water, but as you can see it didn't seem to phase the kids as much.

My little nephew turned 3. He is crazy about the Disney Cars movie, and he got 100% "Cars" gifts, he must be in heaven. His Aunt Angie is a cake decorator by trade, and she made him this amazing Lightning McQueen cake for the party.




We ate lots of great food and stayed until after bedtime. We each got to come home to our clean, fluffy pillows to crash at the end of the day! Ahhhh........ zzzzzZZZZZ

6 comments:

Jodi said...

How fun! That cake looks yummy...mmmmm. And your background is really cute, too.

Lindsey said...

LOVE the new blog look! Great job! I also think the pictures of Bekah and Coop are too funny. In her defense...nevermind, I have no defense for her! :P

Erin said...

Okay that cake is amazing. I like you new background.

Rushele said...

We recently had a pillow shopping trip that went something like that. Scott will even lie down on the floor to check out the pillow in it's natural use to see if it's a go or not. Funny stuff!
And, Raegan just had to trash her pillows last night because of a puke incident....funny that you mentioned all the garb on the pillows. Yuck!!
I'm so jealous you guys had so much fun on Mon.! I wish I couldn've come swimming today too, but I thought it best to keep Raegan away from all your children at least for a day.
Love the new layout by the way! Super Cute!!!

angie and tyler said...

Well I like the saying "by trade". I think that's what I'll say for now on. Thanks for all the cake comments. I thought it turned out pretty good, but it was Kim's design.

Cook Zoo said...

How fun! That cake looks awesome! I can totally picture you guys in the pillow aisle. Too cute!