Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

This morning I guess I woke up too early because I caught Jason in the middle of making a huge breakfast for me! At first he was disappointed he couldn't surprise me with a tray at my bedside... but it turned out ok since we quickly were running out of time to get out the door. We went to baby Rylee's blessing this morning and a lunch afterwards at my sister's house. I am SO sad that I missed being at my own ward where I could have attended Relief Society for the first time in a long time (primary teachers got a vacation!) However, it was great to be with lots of family. My assignment for the lunch was homemade rolls. Much earlier, Kim had sent me an email estimating that I might need to make about 50 rolls. Well, somewhere in the days that passed I confused that with an estimated 50 people! So I spent 5 hours yesterday making 102 rolls, still scared that there weren't going to be enough! Let's just say we have lots of leftovers.... Whew!

In honor of our special day, I couldn't resist stealing these from another blog. They are too TRUE!!!!!!!!! Enjoy my fellow Moms, and I hope you had a good one.






6 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Ames! :-)

Frozen Cacti said...

I saw those on Abby's site (thanks by the way for the tip on the Apron Swap!). My fav is the parents talking to each other through the connected tube. Oh, how I wish we had one of those! Hope you had a good day.

Rushele said...

Those cartoons are too cute!
It was so nice to see you today! It's been a while!
We'll have to get together and play with Kim and let the babies roll around together.
Hope you enjoyed your Mother's day!

Anonymous said...

THANKS again Amy!

Kim

Deb said...

Love it. Too true.

angie and tyler said...

yeah I think I will steal those too.