Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vegetables 101

In the last week I have decided to take on a new project.... a garden! OK, so it's really just two window boxes, but hey, it's a start. I'm completely ignorant in this arena, and our soil/weather is not the most friendly, so my optimism is guarded. My friend Anna in my ward is my new garden coach, and she came over yesterday to get me started. Her little girl Clara tried to "un-plant" things a few times, but how can I hold it against her? It's so seldom I get little girls running around my house, I just had to soak her up!

I have 2 tomato plants (I bought them at this size, hehehe) and I also planted cucumber and zucchini seeds. If all goes well, maybe next time I will expand. Cross your fingers for something to sprout in a few weeks! Otherwise, you'll just keep getting pictures of the same ol' dirt....

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

that picture of you is darling! either i'm a great photographer or you have an awesome camera! :) good luck.

zippy said...

So how are those veggies growing? I love the idea of grow boxes! I think I might put a few together, but with flowers. I'll try veggies next spring. : )